Parent Category: Case Studies
Published: 04 December 2012
RMA Publicity worked on two book tours that helped generate the sale of more than 1,000 copies of "Anything Worth Doing," a true story that celebrates wild rivers via the lives and adventures of two Idaho raft guides named Jon Barker and Clancy Reece. The book was published in Summer 2012 by Sundog Book Publishing of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- The publicity campaign kicked off in the summer of 2012 with the preparation of a press kit.
- Once the press kit was ready to go, it was used to inform media across the country of the availability of "Anything Worth Doing."
- Review copies were offered to media.
- RMA Publicity worked with the author to promote events that had been set up in 5-tour states: Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon and Utah in summer 2012. A spring 2013 book tour was also done in select cities in Idaho, California and Oregon.
- Between July and December of 2012, RMA Publicity secured more than 30 media placements for "Anything Worth Doing" in the national media as well as the following markets: Seattle and Spokane, Wash.; Portland, Ore.; Boise, Lewiston, Ketchum, Twin Falls and Idaho Falls, Idaho; and Missoula, Mont.
- In March and April 2013, RMA Publicity secured additional media coverage for the book on public radio in Sacramento, Calif., and Ashland, Ore., as well as television stations in Sacramento and Bend, Ore.
- Book sales for this self-published title now exceed 3,000 copies.
Sacramento Public Radio
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
LA GRANDE, OREGON
TWIN FALLS, IDAHO
IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO